Sunday, August 20, 2006

Stamp Carving

I am in a group that decided to do self-portraits. I couldn't figure out what to do. WELL I got all inspired- took a pic I had of me on the PC and did a "cut-out" in Photoshop Elements.
Then I carved a stamp..yes ***I*** carved a self-portrait stamp.
I used the stamp on ATC sized cardstock and then added sharpie colors. It is quite fun. I feel like I did an amazing job for a first portrait stamp.


I hope to try another self-portrait stamp in the future. And perhaps I will even paint a self-portrait.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Damn, that is really good! I totally would have recongnized it was you if I hadn't known.

Gene Black said...

Great that was the plan!

Maybe I should offer to do them for people! LOL

Misa said...

That looks AWESOME!! You did a great job!

Tammy said...

Wow! This is amazing! I just signed up for this swap - now I'm intimidated because yours is so great! :) Love this!!

Gene Black said...

Tammy, please don't be intimidated by me. I am usually awed by everyone else's work. For example Cindy (ibiddyboo) completely blows me away. And she thinks my stuff is so much better than hers. Ha!

YOURS will be perfect--cause ONLY you can do YOUR self-portrait!
Gene