Sunday, March 02, 2008

Inside My Room


Inside My Room
Originally uploaded by GeneBlack
This painting has been sitting in my print rack maturing for a while. A couple of days ago I took it out and set it on my easel with a mat around it. Suddenly I was entranced by the picture I see in this. Please click on it and see the larger version after you finish reading this. Inside my room there are people and things. There is a window to the outside world. I see several references to my life in this painting. The colors did not photograph completely true but it is close.

Please come in and visit, Inside My Room.

3 comments:

mcdc3s said...

OMG OMG OMG
I think this is the most beautiful painting I have seen in a very very very long time. I am in LOVE with it.
I love the concept, the colors (I am so drawn to those blues/teals) the "in my room" aspect.
This is wonderful

I am so glad you updated at your blog. I just can't get over this pictue.

mcdc3s said...

I wish I could see this even larger. Flickr won't let me get bigger than your original upload. I would love for you to tell me more about your connection to this painting. I just love it when you "step back" after the fact - and see what you didn't even realize your soul was creating. That is just awesome.

Gene Black said...

Thanks Maralena. I love it when I suddenly "see" what I was painting all along. That aspect of creativity never ceases to enthrall me.