Friday, October 24, 2008

Blue bird


bluebird
Originally uploaded by GeneBlack
After seeing John's ( Quiltdad ) fabric birdies, I had to download the pattern and give it a try. My little blue bird did not have an eye so I added one with my ever handy Sharpie marker. I am planning to sew on some little black beads for eyes.
If you want to see John's birds and get the link to the pattern, got to ( Quiltdad ) and read the post titled "Tweet"

Thanks John, I will be making more of these.


****Edit****
The links to John's site (Quiltdad) weren't working, but I have fixed them now. Thanks for the heads up, Wanda!

3 comments:

John said...

Wow, Gene, it looks great! I'll definitely be making more of these, too. Such a great way to use up scraps. Thanks for giving me a big "shout out" on your blog!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Your links to Quiltdad don't seem to be working.

Donna said...

Gene, came by your blog via welsh quilters blog. Thought I come over and take a peek. The birds are nice. I too have made some of these birds, only I reduced the pattern and made them very small, for a CQ ornament swap I'm in. I think these little guys will look so cute on the Xmas tree. If you want you can see mine on my blog. I am adding your blog to my list. Have a wonderful day.