Friday, March 04, 2016

Quilt Doodling.

(Please note that this post is pre-scheduled.  I am about to attempt installing a new cable modem.  It should be easy, but if it fails, I may be without internet for a day or so. I got the modem installed with a minimum of difficulty. )

Late Wednesday night, I had a surge of creative flow and started quilting a "practice" quilt sandwich that I had waiting to work on.   It was going so well that I stayed up past my usual bedtime.  But, finally, I decided to stop before I got too tired and messed up what was going so well.

Thursday afternoon, it was finished.  The quilting is done with green cotton thread from Connecting Threads.  I like this thread as a cotton quilting thread -and I have used quite a bit of  the cream version for piecing and general sewing.   The fabrics are also solids from Connecting Threads.

I am showing both sides  of it for your viewing pleasure.  You can click to enlarge the photos.



As you might guess this is one of my practice pieces inspired by the class Wild Quilting by Christina Cameli.  There is lots of variety in this piece.  I think I finally learned to make a decent "feather."

Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible unless otherwise stated. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger" - I can not reply.

6 comments:

Debbie said...

wonderful, excellent, just great!!! All the practice has greatly improved your stitches. I can see you have command and control of it. You spread your wings and flew. Doesn't it feel great :)

Vicki W said...

Outstanding!

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Awesome!! - ;))

celia ambrose said...

nicely done! You are doing really nice stitching.

Elizabeth said...

Yes, very nice feathers.

Kathleen said...

Another beautiful piece Gene!! I sure hope you put these practice pieces into some kind of project.