Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Morning Magic




The original is also available for sale. The image is approximately 21" wide by 14" high.
Please contact me for pricing details.

I painted this piece over several days. Then I let it sit. I do this so that I can see if I still love it after the love affair while painting it has gone.
After a couple of weeks, I decided that nothing I could do to it would improve it. While this is an abstract work, I see an amazing "picture" here. There is a brilliant fiery sunrise in the background with a couple of tree branches crossing the view. Hiding among the leaves of the tree are bluebirds. These birds are singing and rejoicing in a perfect sunrise. It is a new day. Rejoice.

2 comments:

~jolene said...

How fitting that the first blog I read this morning is yours...and I am taken to your Magic Morning.

YOU have made the beginning of my day magical with this...

I just can't stop looking at it - saying.."wow", "wow", "wow"....(perhaps not very articulate...but pre- TEA that is about as good as my vocabulary is!)LOL!

Gene Black said...

Thanks. "Wow" is a good comment. I am happy with "wow" even if it is not overly articulate.