Monday, September 04, 2006

Painting - Enchanted Path

I received an email from Creative Space. In the text, Marie Cummings, artist and teacher, said that you can take a colorful painting (in my case-one that I didn't love) and coat it with gel medium. (I used gloss medium) After that dries, take a dark color, diluted with glazing medium and coat the entire painting. Then lift the dark paint in places with whatever, I used a bristle brush and paper towels. After I let that dry I added a few bits of light into some of the darker areas.
Here it is:



You can find Marie Cummings online at http://www.mariecummings.net
Be sure to sign up for the Creative Space emails if you want some inspiration.

3 comments:

Nanette said...

Gene, I love this painting. Very different, very interesting. I will try that technique if I ever get a colorful picture to work with and some glazing fluid.

PennyBlue said...

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS!!! Great work and great idea...will have to give it a try. Thanx for sharing!
Oh and I'm adding your link to my blogspot...hope thats okay!
BlueJude

Anonymous said...

I love it!