Monday, October 30, 2006

Fun paintings - different but still in layers

On Wednesday night of last week, our instructor did a demo for the entire group. (all three classes) Before the demo, in our class, she said "Pay attention, this is one of your lessons for tomorrow."

WOW what a great lesson and lots of fun. So I painted two of them tonight. Okay, I had a start on them already-because you have to have a "backgound" to paint on. It is best if it is a visually textured piece. This one had me stymied - so I did bottles on it. I loved the results. What do you think of my bottles?

Bottles
Bottles-2

3 comments:

Maggie Dragonmoon said...

Lovely work, Gene. Your bottles are very beautiful.

Sarah said...

Oooooh lovely! Great work.

PennyBlue said...

Sounds like the workshop was a HUGE success! And judging by your paintings, you obviously came away with something. I love the bottles. LOve the idea of layering the colors. But how do they not turn to brown mush?? Share more with us Gene!