Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Happy

I am sure some of you have wondered where I have been.  I have been pretty quiet.   I had a little respiratory infection and still have a lovely hacking cough at times.  The cough was deep enough to whack my lower back out of place too.  Hopefully that is all sorted out now. And just in time too.  Thursday in Thanksgiving in the USA.  I was at Mom's this evening and helped her get the ham out of the oven.  We had a little taste just to be sure it was okay.  
(It was excellent!)  Tomorrow she is planning to cook a turkey too.  I sure hope someone shows up to help eat it all. LOL.


As you know, I had the sale this past Saturday.   I had an excellent day and made a few dollars that I can use to resupply my quilting stuff. (but I need to use some more of what I have first!) I was very happy that my first sale was early in the day.  Another vendor - a weaver who makes lovely things - came over and saw the Chinese Coins quilt and loved it.  I honestly think that showing the back of it was the clincher.  She also bought a quilted journal for a class she is taking.  I have to find my receipt book to be sure but I think I sold three quilts total. 
For the next few days, I will be busy with family and friends enjoying the holiday. (I just have to work Wednesday of course.) 
So, for all the readers in the USA:
And for anyone who wished to make the above block (one of my designs!) the instructions are here. (no, it doesn't have the words on it.)


7 comments:

Amy said...

I've been trying to use up some of what I have too. I've been working on scrappy sampler quilts but I keep buying more fabric to make it scrappier. There is no getting ahead in this fabric stashing business. LOL

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Tell your Mom we are loading up the truck and will be there soon to eat the ham and turkey....giggle. Glad you are feeling better and had a good sale.

Miss Hillbilly said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

Pat said...

I'm glad you are feeling better and hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving, too.

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

So glad to hear that your sale went well. Thanks for the block pattern :)
Happy Thanksgiving to you, Gene!!

Anonymous said...

happy thanksgiving gene!

Anna Sonata said...

Nice article, thanks for sharing. rental mobil