Saturday, May 03, 2014

Bit by bit

Honest,  I haven't quit quilting.  I have been busy working on another project that I can't show just yet.  However, I am at a small standstill.  (I hope I get it finished in time!)

So while at the stand still, I decided to do some scrap piecing. I had some pieces already joined but I added to them and made bigger pieces.  I cut some of them down and made smaller pieces.  I squared or rectangled most of them so that I can more easily join them later.  Then I put them all on the floor and made this mosaic.
I don't think any of the pieces will fit together exactly,,  but that doesn't bother me.  Bit by bit they will become part of a quilt. I may add sashing in various widths to make them fit together.  A gray would be a nice modern choice.  White would be more traditional.   But then again, I may add more strips of fabrics to them so that there isn't a common background.
If I were Victoria Findlay Wolfe, I might cut them into traditional quilt block shapes and make a nice modern traditional blend.  Only time will tell....and you may not see these again for months.  It all depends on the muse and timing.

My blog is http://blog.geneblack.com
Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible unless otherwise stated.

4 comments:

suemac said...

May your muse come out when it is needed. Love the improv.

Barb said...

I fly by the seat of my pants all of the time...I just love how you just sew and create such fun things.

Beth said...

Love the bright happy feel of your improv blocks. I wonder what the muse will lead you to do with them????

Kathleen said...

I'm sure you will turn this into something lovely . . . you already have such a good start!