Wednesday, October 13, 2021

Totally Tubular - A Finish

    Yes,  the Totally Tubular quilt is finished and ready to share. First, of course is the front.  You can see that I decided on a fabric that I hand dyed for the binding. It is a mixture of blue and green. I think it works well for this quilt.

The quilt front is made with a combination of shirting fabrics (light blue, blue/white stripes, pale yellow) with the focus fabrics of some special hand-dyed fabrics that I won in a giveaway from Vicki Welsh. These are her "waste" fabrics.  (They certainly are NOT being wasted here.) 


The back is made of some batik fabrics that I bought several years ago from a shop in another town in Alabama.  I decided to stop hoarding them and use them for this quilt. I think they go so nicely on this quitl. 


Now I will need to decide on another project. I may work on finishing one of my other UFOs or I may start something new.   This quilt was a UFO from March of 2014.  Essentially, it was seven years in the making.  It is possible that I have older UFOs.  


Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

7 comments:

Jeanna said...

Totally Tubular is beautiful! It just looks so soft and the colors are happy. I'm so sure I have UFOs that date back further than 2014. One day....

Barbara said...

It’s stunning, Gene, both front and back! I would love to see more of your watercolor pencils work, if you have any. If not, creating some can be a next project. I need to learn! 🤗

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

BEAUTIFUL! Your backing is as pretty as the front - and your binding choice is PERFECT! The quilting is AWESOME as usual - ;))

Linda Swanekamp said...

Well, you did a fine job keeping all that fabric in line and under control. Love the skinny strips. I am not sure what size it is, but it all works together.

Carolyn said...

That is beautiful!

Bonnie said...

It may have been a long time to the finish of this quilt but it is so worth it. I love how you mixed dress shirt fabrics in with the hand dye "leftovers! HA. And, then you have a back that has so much interest also. Great finish.

Vicki W said...

The quilt is absolutely beautiful and I love the name!