Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Nana's Cross Layout


Nana's Cross Layout
Originally uploaded by GeneBlack
I realized that I have most of the HST (half square triangles) made. So I thought it was a great time to see how it is going to look. I confess that I duplicated a few of the squares in the photo editor. My original pattern called for the bottom of the cross to be longer, but as I was laying it out I thought that just one more row than I had would be great. So I digitally added a row. It is a shame I can't digitally even it up better. Actually I could but I didn't want to waste the time doing it.

It will be on a white background with a dark blue binding (also added digitally) The borders between the background and the cross will probably be bigger.

I am thinking that I will like this wall hanging when it is finished. Now, how will I quilt it? Nonna doesn't want anything that distracts from the cross.

3 comments:

Val said...

This is so beautiful. I love it.

Anonymous said...

Wow - What a unique design! I like how it's turning out. :)

Linda said...

I think Nonna will love it! Can't wait to see the finished results!
Can you tie the quilt like you did Amanda's?? I only quilt using the "lines" already there - not the intricate stitches like you LOL
Good luck! Looks great so far!