Monday, September 01, 2008





Here are the first HSTs for "Nonna's Cross" wall hanging. They will not be laid out with all these blue ones together. She prefers it to be more random and scrappy looking. These are my first set of half square triangles. Even with needing to trim them down a bit, the fast piecing method I linked in my last post is far faster than doing them individually.

I also promised that pattern didn't I? I would love to hear from you if you decide to play along with me. I am sure some of you will finish yours faster than I do. I would love to see pictures and hear your thoughts as you do this.

Finally, here is the pattern:

Nonnas Cross -pattern

It is just a simple layout. I did a grid with spreadsheet software and colored it in with Sharpie marker. You can click on it to see a larger version on Flickr. Please ignore my penciled in thoughts. Although, that scrawl at the bottom that says "cut" means that I am leaving out that set of HSTs. Feel free to edit for your own use. As I said my squares will be 2 inches finished. So right now they are 2 and a half for that magic seam allowance. (Okay, so I confess, I have some that are 2 inches in the trimmed state - I goofed up. ) If you have never goofed that way - please keep it to yourself ((grin))

Peace

Gene

1 comment:

LynnS said...

Love your color choice of blue and orange. The orange fabric is wonderful!!

I'll try and keep my goofs to myself, except that I have been making so many lately that I have been thinking of a blog entry devoted to my blunders! :-)