Monday, September 29, 2008

Tulip Purse


Tulip Purse
Originally uploaded by GeneBlack
I took a littlle break from the "Nana's Cross" and started a new project.- another purse. I did a foundation paper pieced tulip square and worked out from there. I love using the batik fabrics. The accent stripe under the tulip square is a nice color kick I think. This is the front and I did "stitch in the ditch" on it. The back will have a large open area that I plan to free motion quilt.

I am trying to get some purses made for a couple of events I plan to sell at this fall. I am starting out behind, but I hope I will have enough stuff to make it worthwhile. I feel confident that I will make it as long as I don't get too fancy on things. I do love to fancy it up when I make something.

2 comments:

Tricia said...

Very pretty. Quilt purses will go over big.

mcdc3s said...

Oh my goodness! You have totally changed directions. You look like you are loving fiber arts so much! xxx