Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Blues --- A new painting

I have been working on a new painting for several days/nights--in whatever spare time I have to paint. It is a full sheet of watercolor paper, (22 by 30 inches in case you didn't know)but I am thinking that a crop could improve the painting. I would love some opinions.
You can click on them to see them on the Flickr site.
Here is the full sheet (there is a slight glare on the upper right)
Blues-in the Night

and this is the crop I am considering

Alternative Blues

So...let the opinions roll. Should I leave it full sheet? Should I crop it? (Should I just paint over it altogether?)

3 comments:

Tammy said...

I love the full sheet - there is something missing when you crop it in my opinion! I llke the dark on the left side to the light on the right side and you lose that when cropped!

It's Lovely!

Eva said...

This is a excellent painting either way, but I prefer the full sheet. It gives the painting depth. I have been painting professionally for many years and I’m always excited to see good work. Thanks for sharing.
http://www.evamacie.com

Beth Bachuss said...

Full sheet. The part you would crop it to loses its energy without the flatter areas around it (just my opinion).