Sunday, December 03, 2006

Delivered

It is a reality. I have delivered ten paintings to the Rosetta Stone Gallery in Florence, Alabama. We went yesterday to deliver them and saw the gallery for the first time. The inside walls are old (really old) brick. The gallery is installing a hanging system rather than risk damaging the brick or having it crumble and damage the art. The ceiling is exposed beam that has been painted black. The floors are a scored cement that resembles marble. It looks like a great gallery space.

The owner of the gallery has contacts on the west coast (think Hollywood, LA, etc) and says that they will be some of her major clients. I know that my website has seen an increase in "hits" in the past week. I am hoping that my work is being considered by the rich and famous. Ha ha.

The gallery opening is Friday December 9th. I will be there to represent my work and chat with potential buyers and anyone else who wishes to chat with me.

Peace
Gene

4 comments:

~jolene said...

What I wouldn't give to be in Florence, Alabama (never thought I'd say THAT!) on Dec. 9th.

I am so, so, so, soooo happy for YOU!

Can't wait to hear more!

Sarah said...

I cannot tell you how much I would like to come chat with you at your opening. This is so exciting and makes me very happy for you! I'm sure you will be sharing pics so we will look forward to them.

Gene Black said...

wow...it would be so great to have the two of you there to chat with. I am so excited and scared and geesh.....Of course if you two were there I would likely ignore the BUYERS. LOL

PennyBlue said...

This is toooo exciting! And hey you never know about the rich and famous. Think big Gene! I would definately be scared too. Have a glass of wine and try to enjoy it! The gallery sounds cool.