Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The Finished Purse


The Finished Purse
Originally uploaded by GeneBlack
The purse is finished and I am actually happy with it. While there are mistakes in it, there was a lot of learning and improvement in my sewing. This is my first successful go at free-motion quilting. It was also the first time I did piecing from a pattern. (my typical is strip piecing)
I didn't take a picture of the back but it is just like the front without the button closure.
I love the colors and general design. I adore the button and loop closure. I had seen it on an item but never seen it done. It was easy and looks nice. I did some embroidery stitching on the straps/handles. I used red thread in the bobbin and gold on top of each strap. I think it is a nice touch. And I did remember to put a label inside. Eat your heart out Vera Bradley!

Most importantly, I met my deadline.

Inside with label
Strap/Handle detail
Close up of the front.

4 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

the bag is very attractive and it was a good project to try out some techniques. Free motion quilting should always be learned on a smaller manageable project where you can feel successful.

mcdc3s said...

Another great purse. I know whoever gets this will love it. Thats a really cute avitar on the side bar!

Featheronawire Sally Bramald said...

I just wish my first efforts had turned out so well!

Sarah said...

Yeah, I think Vera and Kate Spade are probably shaking in their boots about now!