Saturday, December 13, 2008

Party Doll


Party Doll
Originally uploaded by GeneBlack
Shopping for toys is difficult during the Christmas season - I certainly don't want to go there. People will run over you. So, on the occasion of my great-niece's first birthday, I made this fun, silly, cute, simple little rag doll for her. I found the basic design online. I changed it. (come on now, are you really surprised?) Best of all I had help. Her other "uncle", Dave, stuffed the arms, and legs, then stuffed the body and head. I did the sewing and painted the face.

I used a black corded velveteen for the back of her head - Ha! no hair to sew on with that. Then I just painted the seam and around her face with some black "hair" with curls on the ends.

I hope she makes a little girl very happy. I know that little girl makes me very happy.

1 comment:

Liz said...

Oh my goodness. That is one cute doll! Nice work Gene!!

I saw you posted on the site about the "follow this blog". I will add another way to follow. Right now there is one right under "Friendly People" and above the three people who are Followers. Thanks for bringing that to my attention!

Liz
www.AGiveawayADay.blogspot.com