Saturday, December 20, 2008

Wanna see a "Card Trick" ?


Card Trick
Originally uploaded by GeneBlack
A darling friend rought me a present from her travels. She had gone "home" to visit family. Of course, as all good quilters do, she went to the quilt store in the area. She brought me back this lovely kit. It is made by Quilt Magic http://www.quilt-magic.com/

The basic idea is this: a foamboard square has laser cut lines into which you tuck fabric. They come in quilt square designs as well as other designs. It was a fun afternoon "goof off" project.

These would be great for any youngster from 8 to 98. There is no sewing and you use a dull knife to tuck in the fabric. But the result is a great wall hanging.

2 comments:

StitchinByTheLake said...

I've seen those wallhangings Gene but never tried it. I do think my grandchildren, or at least a couple of them, would like it! blessings, marlene

mcdc3s said...

Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Years to you and yours. I've missed reading your blog. ~mcdc3s/Maralena