Sunday, December 07, 2008

A Week has Passed

Goodness me! A week has passed since I posted here. My show, Saturday the 6th, was a success. I had good sales. All the fabric birds went to new homes. That's right, every last one of them is gone. I will have to make a few more for my work Christmas tree.
I sold some jewelry, some purses, some quilted journals and some notecards. I did not sell a single painting though. With the strain on the economy, I was pleased to sell as much as I did. I have profit. Profit is good, I can continue my fabric obsession! Ha ha.

Just because I had such a great time, I must tell you about this afternoon. I was gifted with a pair of tickets to see the musical "Annie" at The Whole Backstage Theatre in Guntersville, Alabama. The show was wonderful. I had my doubts about anyone playing Miss Hannigan. Carol Burnett defined Miss Hannigan in the movie, so I was sure anyone else would be a disappointment. WRONG! The actress that portrayed Miss Hannigan was excellent. The part of Molly, the youngest girl in the orphanage, was played by a six year old. She is small in stature for her age. She is HUGE in acting skill, not to mention being a seemingly fearless performer.

I could go on and on about every cast member. I know that much hard work and preparation went into this performance. The group claims to be "amateur" but I saw a professional polished show. Did I mention that I had a great time? If any member of the cast happens to read this let me say "Thank you for a wonderful afternoon and a memory that I will carry for some time."

4 comments:

Qubie said...

Congrats on a good sale. I guess Annie as steped it up a notch since I saw it a few years ago. Our Annie could not carry a tune in a bucket. I was so bad that I left in the middle of it. I am glad you liked yours and your right Carol Burnett was awesome as Miss Hannigan. I love her. I think I was like 8 when it came out and knew the words to every song.

Gene Black said...

As I said, this was a local cast. I stand amazed at the talent they displayed.

Anonymous said...

I too went to see Annie. I had high hopes that the production would be "nice". Boy was I amazed. Valerie Harbison that played Miss Hannigan was incredible as was Annie and the rest of the cast. I was so impressed by their abilities that I even went to a second show. It was a true pleasure to see the abilities these folks had, especially Miss Harbison. She was a knockout.

Sarah said...

Yay for profits! I'm glad the sale went well. Do you have any pics of your table/booth? Sounds like you had a lot of stuff.