Monday, July 13, 2009

What do you see?

I am pulling out one of my paintings that hangs in my bedroom to show today. The only sewing I have done lately is quilting on blocks you have already seen - not exciting.

This painting is one that I eventually gave a name. The name is Morning Magic. I chose the name for two reasons. First is the image, there appears to be a tree branch with bluebirds hiding among the leaves in front of an intense sunrise. (Hey that is what I see, what do you see?)

Second reason: As this is hanging in my bedroom, I see it every morning. The brilliance of color and the mystery of the image adds a little magic to the morning.
Like all my paintings, this one is for sale. You can see this one and many more on my website GeneBlack.com

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gene, I read your title and looked at the image *before* reading the text, and I saw exactly what you described further down! It's lovely.

ooglebloops said...

Beautiful!! And a great sight to wake up to, especially if it is a dreary day outside!!!

Barb said...

I went to the picture first and saw the birds before you ever mentioned them....what a wonderful painting...please continue to show more.

quiltmom anna said...

Gene,
I love the rich colors - I also see a face at the bottom of the picture of at least some eyes in the background that are looking out at you.. It is a happy vision not frightening in any way. I think they are enjoying the beautiful birds and rich colors.
Thanks for sharing,
Regards,
Anna