Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Pop Around the World

Whew, I have worked this evening.  I had started this "trip around the world" top using a Bali Pop. (batik 2.5" strips) 
I found it in the UFO pile and decided it needed to be finished.  So I used all the rest of the strips and surrounded it. 
ignore the exercise equipment to the right of the quilt. I do!
It isn't as large as I would like, but I don't have anything that looks good with it. (and I did a lot of auditioning - that is half the work!)   I just can't purchase for any more fabric at this time. So,  I will back it, quilt it, bind it and hope someone loves it enough to buy it. It would look great on a wall

10 comments:

Pat said...

I like it a lot...it really appeals to my affinity for GREEN!!! :) Good job, Gene!

Pat said...

Oh...and not to worry...I have NO trouble ignoring that exercise equipment right along with you!

Barb said...

Your quilt is just wonderful....glad you finished it, I am sure it feels good to deplete your UFO pile.

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

The quilt top is just beautiful and made with my favorite color - green! I'm sure you won't have any trouble selling it.

Barbara said...

It's stunning! I can see your auditioning results especially in those borders. It's lovely!

sewfunquilts said...

Love it, Gene. Now I can see why you commented on my FB post about Batiks. It's beautiful.

I love those Bali pops too.

Edgar said...

What a super quilt - love the colours!!!

Rhonda said...

Number one, I love this design and number two, you use one of my favorite colors.... GREEN... so I very love this quilt!!

Melissa ;-) said...

It would definitely look good hanging on a wall. I love the colors!

Vesuviusmama said...

I love your note "ignore the exercise equipment beside the quilt, I do." HA!