Thursday, September 15, 2011

Quiet Time and a Surprise

Some of you have noticed that I have been a bit quiet.  That means that I am either really busy OR working on something that doesn't show a lot of progress.  Or in this case, not having time to make any progress.  I have been very busy with work and with caregiving for Mom.  I also wrote some copy for a friend who is working on a brochure to promote her work.


One evening this past week while I was chilling out in front of the computer, I looked at my blog referrals and saw a link from Riley Blake Designs.  My curiousity was piqued, so I clicked the link back to see how that happened. I saw where I had posted a comment.  I also had posted on my blog about the contest (which I did not win-I forgot to check on that too.) 


Imagine my surprise when I saw that below my comment was a comment from Cindy at Riley Blake asking all the above (first 20) commenters to send in a mailing address for a prize.   Thinking, well it may be too late, but no harm trying,  I emailed them.   Good thing too, look at this lovely rolie polie (2.5" strips of fabric) that came in a lovely squishy envelope.


The fabric is Fox Trails by Doohickey Designs I love the little animals on it.  What really surprised me was the post on Doohickey Designs dated September 9th.  She had just gotten her first rolie polie of Fox Trails.  I got it less than a week after the designer!!! I think this is a first for me. I don't usually get fabric that has just been released. Now to decide what to make with this sweet little roll of goodness.
I just had to open it up a bit to show you the cute animals.
Isn't the little fox adorable?


11 comments:

Barb said...

Lucky you Gene....

I figured you were busy...but gotta show us some stuff every once in a while, miss your creativity!!

Donna said...

I'm loving the raccoon! Congratulations on your win.

Pat said...

Congratulations on your win. Thanks for unrolling it so we could see a bit of it, too. How is your mom doing?

Vesuviusmama said...

Have fun with that sweet Rolie Polie!

Unknown said...

Great win!! I love those critters! Congratulations!

Barbara said...

Always nice surprises from fellow bloggers! The fabrics are adorable, have fun with them!

Dawn said...

How fun Gene ~ Don't you just love little surprises like that :)

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Congrats on the great win! Hope all is going well with your Mom.

Tangos Treasures said...

Congratulations!!! Love the fabric!!

sewfunquilts said...

What a nice surprise! Congrats to you. Love Riley Blake fabrics.

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Congratulations! Cute fabric, can't wait to see what you create! That was so neat that Riley Blake Designs did that.