Tuesday, May 19, 2015

More Weaving

Quilting is on the back burner for a bit.   I have been working on some weaving ideas.  When you wake up with an idea, it is best to just get to it.  Apparently, my dreams have been weaving because I keep waking up with weaving ideas.

The cloth with the silk ties came off the loom today  so that I could put on this warp that I made with lots of white, blue and purple.  I didn't get a picture of it before I started weaving though.  Here is the first section woven in white and then changing to blue. (Although it looks a bit purple in this photo, it is royal blue.)
The next section looks like this:
You may notice a curved shape that uses what we call Saori Shadow Weave.  The colors and the arrangement of the colors create the shape.  Or as I like to think "it is just magic!"

Then I added a variegated purple/green/aqua thread followed by a gold section.  Of course I have added various extra pops of color (or white) to add more interest to the piece.
If the cloth come out right for it, I do have a plan to make something with this. But if the cloth has other plans, I will not fight it.  Sometimes you just have to let the fabric decide.

My blog is http://blog.geneblack.com
Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible unless otherwise stated. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger" - I can not reply.

5 comments:

Lynn said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

Barb said...

Lynn stole my words.....you are doing such fantastic work!

kathyinozarks said...

this is really nice Gene, love the loose weave too

Vicki W said...

You are doing some great things with your loom!

Barbara said...

Awesome weaving! I love the colors and Random design. Not fighting the cloth's plans is Saori thinking. ;)