Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Just a Quick Check-in

Hi,   My life has been delightfully busy and I haven't had time to do much of anything "crafty." I can knit while riding so I have done a little knitting on a scarf I have started.
I am making up the pattern as I go. Basically it is "cast on 31 stitches(or odd number of your choice), knit 3, purl 3, repeat to end. Last stitch will be a single knit 1.  Repeat row.  Occasionally,  knit two or three rows all the way across to add variation in the pattern.  (and who knows what else I will do as I proceed. ha ha.  I call it free form knitting.)
Here is a close up.

I went to an Irish music party, called a Ceilidh, on Sunday afternoon.   As two of the host family were interested in spinning yarn (they are knitters) I took my spinning wheel.  I taught one of the fiddle players to spin.  I think she can teach her Mom to spin also.  The Mom was too busy to sit and learn since she was the hostess.   I was spinning on some fiber that I hand dyed. Right now that yarn is finished and drying after its "bath."     Here is the last yarn that I spun.  I made it from some rolags that I blended on my blending board.   I love the way this color combo worked out.
It is a bit more muted than my usual color choices but it will weave up into some delightful color play.

My blog is http://blog.geneblack.com
Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible unless otherwise stated. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger" - I can not reply.

7 comments:

kathyinozarks said...

saori knitting-lol loving your handspun yarn

Vicki W said...

I'm so glad you are loving retirement! No pressures!

Barbara said...

Ditto Kathy!

Quiltingranny said...

I don't knit, but I have taken up crochet. You keep going Gene and I live the colors!

Barbara Arcement said...

Love your color choices for the scarf !

Barb said...

What can't you do?

Denise said...

hey Gene! Love the knitting. At Kai, ask Nancy B to show you how to do wandering cables. They are way way cool, and I am betting you would love them!