Sunday, June 14, 2015

A Little Free Motion Quilting

A question that was posed online (yesterday - the June "National Sewing Machine Day") prompted me to set a goal. It asked about summer sewing plans.  I answered that I had two quilts that are partly quilted that I would like to finish.  It has been more than a month since I even mentioned this quilt.   So this afternoon, I pulled out a section of it, added backing and batting and quilted that section.
This is an eighth of the quilt if I remember correctly.  So, now three eighths of it are now quilted. I hope that I am inspired to quilt the next eighth of it and join those sections into half of a finished quilt!
It has been over a month since I did any free motion quilting....and honestly, it shows.  However, I am still pretty happy with the results.    On one section I did a free form wavy design that I think looks nicely organic.

And on one other section, I did a triangular motif that worked out fairly well. Although I do have one or two non-triangular bits in it.  In the finished quilt, I don't think it will really matter.  This is a bed quilt to be used and snuggled under. (and not to  be judged for perfection!)
I hope you are creating and having fun with whatever you are working on.


My blog is http://blog.geneblack.com
Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible unless otherwise stated. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger" - I can not reply.

3 comments:

Barb said...

You finally quit chasing those squirrels??

Barbara said...

Awesome FMQ! You must always be watching for thread on sale. ;)

Lynn said...

Looking good so far!