Thursday, June 11, 2015

More

More cloth off my loom.  This piece is about 11 inches wide - I have not measured the length.  I used cotton and bamboo in the warp.  I used cotton, bamboo and rayon in the weft. (I added the rayon as I ran out of the gold bamboo.)
I put two photos together to show the entire length. 

This photo shows someone of the graphic elements that I wove into this piece using a clasped weft technique.
By maintaining a limited palette, this piece became very elegant.  I must confess that there were times I wanted to add in some bright colors of red, blue and a rich purple, but I managed to stick to the limited palette.

My blog is http://blog.geneblack.com
Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible unless otherwise stated. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger" - I can not reply.

8 comments:

Barbara said...

This piece literally flows, just like water. It's beautiful Gene, and I'm glad you kept the limited palette!

Barbara Arcement said...

your work is amazing....so beautiful!

Barb said...

Oh my gosh, that looks soooooooooooooooo amazing!

suemac said...

Very nice. Your weaving always looks good.

Jeanna said...

You are keeping that loom busy, Gene. Love the cloth. I can see a man's scarf with fringe on the bottom. Do you have plans for it yet?

Unknown said...

Wonderful! It's fun to work outside your comfort zone sometimes.

Marlene said...

I really like this yardage. It would look great as a fitted vest much like Nickolena made for her husband.

kathyinozarks said...

I always enjoy seeing what you have woven-do you know yet what you will make with it?