Monday, September 21, 2015

The End of the Run (photo heavy)

As many of you know, if you have been keeping up with me,  I was in a musical with the local theatre company.  The show was Cole Porter's hilarious romp Anything Goes.  I was in the Ensemble cast as a passenger on the ship.  I got to sing onstage in a real production for the first time ever.  I loved it.  Here are some pictures with various cast members.

The full cast singing "Bon Voyage" 

One of the "Angels" and Chris aka Elisha Whitney

Georgia aka Evangeline Harcourt and "Billy Crocker" 

Yes the sun was in my eyes and they are closed (oops.)
Ellen played both "the reporter" and a passenger on the ship.
She is a real darling.

My friend and once upon a time my duet partner.
I love working with this lady. She played one of the "angels."

Goofing off backstage

Lord Evelyn Oakleigh and the Debutante Hope Harcourt

Reno and Erma  
The Fabulous Kelli  as Reno Sweeney- the Sensuous Sermonizer
I rolled her hair for every performance. She is one of the
sweetest ladies I have ever worked with. 

During the Sailor's song "Lady Fair"  I danced with the lady in the wheelchair.

Some of the "guys" backstage. 

The Ship's Purser - He was so funny. What a great guy.

My "drinking buddy" for the song Public Enemy Number One
The end of a run is bittersweet.  I will miss seeing these folks (and the rest of the cast and crew) many times a week.  However, I will have time to get back into my creative "making stuff" groove; and that is sweet. While there are no upcoming shows that I see myself auditioning for, I may help backstage or with concessions occasionally.


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible unless otherwise stated. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger" - I can not reply.

9 comments:

Vicki W said...

It looks like you had a blast!

Jeanna said...

You sure are keeping busy since retiring from the 'day' job! Thanks for sharing the photos from your recent fun. Too bad we couldn't watch a video of the production, I'm sure I would enjoy it.

Lynn said...

I think you are still "making stuff" on stage, just not tangible stuff. It is a creative outlet. You just have photos, memories and friendships as a result instead of a quilt or scarf or bag. Looks like you had a great time!

Debbie said...

A star is born! Such fun to see you expanding your horizons, and I do hear the stage is addictive. So I am sure you will stay involved.

Eat Sleep Quilt said...

Thanks for sharing your onstage experiences with us, looks like you had fun! I know you're done for now, but what other roles do you see youself doing? Something from A Christmas Carol perhaps?

Barbara said...

I see a lot of smiles, so I have a feeling you will continue to be connected in some way. Also, I see a lot of hats -- they are so fashionable for the time and such fun!

Sarah said...

That looks like a good time! I really wish I could have seen it!

Marjorie said...

That looks like so much fun. I have attended the Reader's Theatre and some wonderful musicals produced by the Senior Center here in Chapel Hill. Just wish I could have enjoyed this one.

Marlene said...

Looks like you had a blast! I hope you are able to participate at this level again.