Saturday, October 27, 2018

A New Layout

Very slowly there is progress being made on the Wonky Star quilt top that I have been working on.  For fear of running out of the brown background fabric, I decided to change the layout again. Here is the new design.
I have chosen a darker fabric for the outer band of stars.  I will have twelve of the small stars with the lighter brown background. There will be sixteen of the stars with the darker background.  And of course the four giant stars. If the one who quilts it sees fit, the blank squares will be a perfect place to draw stars with the quilting. 

So far, I have ten of the stars with the lighter background completed, 8 of the darker ones and all four of the giant stars are completed.

Jumping back into working on this has been fun. I think I need to spend a bit more time at the sewing machine.  But then there is time needed for practicing both Spanish and ukulele.  May I please have a few weeks of 28 hour days???


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. However at this time Blogger is not notifying me of comments. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

12 comments:

Vicki W said...

I like this a lot!

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Looking good!! - ;))

Pamela Arbour said...

I really like your new layout. Looking forward to seeing the finish!

Beth@IHaveANotion.com said...

Love star quilts.... and this one looks do able for anyone that has a problem with matching points (like ME!)... I know more about juggling time and wishing for longer days than I ever thought I could

diane said...

You know, Gene, I really like what you're doing here. The quilt sings for me!
I'm going to say you have pulled the whole thing together!!

Debbie said...

This looks great! Love the slightly off set design. Great job.

Barbara said...

Trying to comment, we’ll see if it takes. Just want to say this layout and the colors are stunners! It’s a “Gene Creation”, no doubt about that!

Rhonda said...

Love the look of things Gene. The darker background draws the eye to the stars.

Barb Neiwert said...

Great layout for this quilt, Gene. BTW, shouldn't you be proficient at Spanish and the ukele by now, lol! If you ever figure out how to squeeze 28 hours in a day, please let me be the first one to know :)

Barbara said...

Well, Gene, making this comment from Chrome instead of Safari on my iPad. Now I’m going to try some other blogs. I hope this is the answer, thanks!

Kathleen said...

I like this layout.

Jeanna said...

Yes, this is a very nice layout for your wonky stars quilt. A few weeks of 28 hour days sounds like a good idea but I probably wouldn't have the energy to be very productive for that long.