Saturday, October 06, 2018

Just a little progress

I made three more of the small stars for my wonky stars quilt top.  This picture is far from being a good photo, but it will do.  I also included the two large stars that I had not shown yet.


The larger blocks will be trimmed down to fit with the smaller blocks. It will not affect the large star but there will be less of the background fabric around them.
At this point, I have nine of the thirty-two small stars completed.  So twenty-three more to go. I am afraid I will run out of the background fabric before I get all of the background squares cut. I am considering using random squares of color/design in the outer edges to give it a bit of a twist.  My other alternative is to use a similar brown that is different enough to be noticeable.
The other alternative is to replace the squares in the outer rows/columns (except the large star parts) with borders in a different color.
I have also changed the layout to make sewing it together a bit easier. I can also move the top left and bottom right large stars in diagonally to make the outer edges all border fabrics.


Your thoughts?

Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. However at this time Blogger is not notifying me of comments. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

4 comments:

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I like the pattern you came up with.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

You could go back to your original plan and "build" it in columns instead of rows - it would bring the larger stars "in" and give you border stars - that might work - ;))

Barbara said...

This won’t be helpful, but my first thought is my head hurts from so much thinking.
Serious, whatever you end up doing will be stellar. It always is. :)

Barb said...

Awesome pattern...just twenty more to go??? YOu will have them done in no time.