Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Wonky Stars - Progress

Yes, serious progress has been made on the Wonky Stars quilt.  The largest part, the inner light brown section is getting joined together.

As you can see in the photo below, half of it is joined and the other half is laid out ready for joining. 
As you can see, I opted to sew it together in sections. The top section was sewn as two halves and then joined.  I will do the same with the bottom half as that is the easiest way to do it since there are two 12 1/2 inch squares being joined along with the 6 1/2 inch squares.  The dark squares in the top right and bottom left corners are the color of the background for the outer border of stars.  Perhaps when it is finished, I will get back to the other quilt(s) I have in progress.

Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. However at this time Blogger is not notifying me of comments. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

3 comments:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Looks good!! The two shades of brown show off the stars nicely. Sometimes I think sewing it together in sections is easier than sewing long rows even if all the blocks are the same size - ;))

Barbara said...

Very nice contrast colorful with the the brown background, and I’m eager to see it all joined with the larger elements. Very interesting!

Barb said...

It is coming along nicely, how big did you say it was going to be?