Saturday, September 29, 2018

More Wonky Stars

I just realized that I never posted the second two large stars.  Oops, I don't have a picture of those two yet, so we will save those for another day. 

Meanwhile, I have six of the smaller stars that measure roughly 6 1/2" square.  Here is a photo of them placed haphazardly on my sewing table.
Six smaller blocks - and the "parts dept." in the background.

Yes, there they are - strings and all. Ha ha.  I don't worry about cleaning them up and getting them ironed really neatly until later in the process.

I did sit down and figure out a layout in Electric Quilt.  I had to choose a star block and then replicate one fourth of it to make the bigger star blocks fit in the grid.
Stand-in stars used in the layout.  Mine will be wonky and scrappy. 
Now I have twenty-six more small star blocks to make for this quilt top.  However, tomorrow is the anniversary of the day I came into this world, so I am taking the rest of today and tomorrow off. The only "have to do" is my daily Spanish lesson.

Oh, yes, I baked my cake this morning. It isn't much to look at, but it smells like heaven. I made a peanut butter sheet cake and poured a boiled peanut butter icing over it in the pan.  Of course, I had to sprinkle some mini chocolate chips on it too.  Ha ha. Fortunately it will be shared with lots of family so I won't wreck my blood sugar readings too badly.

Have  a great weekend, I declare it a holiday! Que tengas un buen fin de semana.





Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. However at this time Blogger is not notifying me of comments. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

8 comments:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Happy Birthday!! Love your wonky stars and your planned layout. Hope you have a nice weekend, too - enjoy your cake - ;))

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Happy Birthday Gene! That is one way to get a cake you like for your birthday.

Pamela Arbour said...

Happy Birthday! Your stars are looking beautiful. I really like the background.

lorrwill said...

I love your wonky stars and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Count your lucky stars that you don't have to hear me sing that to you :-)

Rhonda said...

Love these!!! You are so good!

Jeanna said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Gene. Hope you had a great day and enjoyed that delicious cake with lots of family and friends.

Barbara said...

Mindlessly making stars reminds me of my string blocks. I’m beyond making a quilt but I just keep making them anyhow. Hippo Birdie To Ewe!

Barb said...

When you get this done, it will be so fun...love the stars.... I probably would have saved the whole cake for myself...HA!!