Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Blogger Tip

My last post caused a friend, Rhonda, to ask "how do you add the words to your photos?"  (I am sure she asked more elegantly than that, but you get the gist.)

So let me show you how to do it. I just told Rhonda and she figured it out.  But some folks are far more visual learners.

Test Photo
So once you add the photo - click on it once. You will see a pop-up that looks like this:

You can change the size of the photo here but what we are looking for is the "Add Caption" -Click on it.
See the words "Add Caption" ???? That is where you type your caption.  Usually you can just start typing after you click on the pop-up and it will go there automatically. (sometimes we click again without meaning too and we have to highlight that to type over it.) On my computer and blogger set-up that is blue when it is "active" - ready to type over.

After adding the caption you need to click BELOW it to add more of your normal text. I put a "type here" note on the photo below so you can see where to click.
I hope this helps you.   I am a bit of a computer nerd/geek so it never occurs to me that I do things that others didn't "just find."
If you see something 'computer geeky' in one of my posts and you want to know how I did it, please ask.
 Mama said "If you don't ask you may never get the answer!"  
Have a great week.
P.S.  a Special Thank You to Rhonda for asking.

Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. However at this time Blogger is not notifying me of comments. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

6 comments:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Thanks, Rhonda for asking!! I have seen that on posts but never knew how to do it - and never thought to ask - DUH!! Your mama is right - so thanks, again Rhonda - and Gene - thanks for giving such a clear and concise answer - ;))

Angie said...

Thank you for the information. I'm not a blogger, but I read them! :-) I love to learn new things. Have a wonderfully fun day! angielovesgary2 atgmail dotcom

Debbie said...

Always a good reminder to know tips!

Jeanna said...

Great instructions, Gene. Thanks to Ronda for asking and thank you for sharing.

Julie Fukuda said...

I have seen writing on photos but never thought it might be possible for me to even try.

Rhonda said...

Gene, that was a great tutorial. Your geeky-ness is a blessing.