Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Wonky Stars - Uh Mine are Wonkier

Yes, I can even mess up a wonky star!  Ha ha.  I watched a tutorial on Tuesday.  Then Wednesday night I decided to try it. Of course I upsized it to make things go faster.  But my mind changed the method without my permission.  (Or is it that my memory is faulty?)  Regardless, my first two stars are different than what A Left-Handed Quilter showed.  Her star was based on the tutorial by Jenny of Missouri Star Quilts.

Oh well, I will make two more that hopefully will be somewhat like these two and then switch to smaller stars and the correct method -or not depending on my ability to follow directions on a given day.

You may notice that they are not even like each other.  The second one is closer to Jenny Doan's version. 
At this point my plan is to make the other two similar to these, then make smaller ones to alternate with solid background blocks.  The four will be "super novas" in my galaxy quilt. 
Seriously, they are wonky stars so can you really mess them up if your final block is some type of star?


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. However at this time Blogger is not notifying me of comments. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

7 comments:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

I love your "Super novas" - "Super" wonky design choice! And - NO - I don't think you can mess up a wonky star - by definition - they're wonky - and anything remotely resembling a star is still a star - LOL - ;))

Jeanna said...

Wonkier is still wonky, the degree doesn't matter :) A variety of these blocks would make a fun quilt, especially in those fabrics.

Debbie said...

Just like people come in all shapes and sizes....so do your stars. Fun!

Sherry said...

I am glad that I am not the only one that is sometimes "directionally challenged". LOL

I think you have the beginnings of a unique quilt. Thank you for sharing.

Sarah said...

I REALLY like that second one!

Rhonda said...

I rarely follow directions, so happy alternatives are welcome. I like your stars!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Maybe 'baby nova's' that want to grow into super nova's.