Sunday, September 16, 2018

More Design Fun

My brain clearly kicked into play gear while working with the Garlic Knot block in Electric Quilt 7. I love being able to recolor a quilt in the design stages. I also  love being able to try alternate settings.

Debbie mentioned that an on-point setting could be done.  Needless to say that sent me right back to EQ7 for more play time.
On point?
The on-point setting gives it more of a diamond shaped feeling.  I like it.

But I also had to play with coloration  on the layout I showed yesterday.  So perhaps a nice rainbow version would be good.




































I really like this, but then I thought what if..... the background fabric were black instead of the mottled tan???


I wonder what else I will discover with this block.

Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. However at this time Blogger is not notifying me of comments. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

6 comments:

Debbie said...

Black does add drama! They are all fun.

barbara woods said...

love those quilts

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Playing in EQ7 is always fun - and the variations are endless - ;))

Barb Neiwert said...

The on point design looks so different! Which one will you make?

Pamela Arbour said...

You are on a roll. Looking good. Thanks for the inspiration.

Jeanna said...

I like both the tan and black versions. Black makes it very dramatic.