Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Another Bird!

I like watching birds - like I said in the last post.  Several years ago (2010, I believe)  we made a trip to Mexico and went on a side trip to Celestun, Mexico to see flamingoes.   It was a fun boat ride out into what I would call the bayou.  There were many kinds of birds to see as we went through the mangrove trees in the swamp.  But the highlight was seeing the flamingoes.

Fast forward!  I was watching The Quilt Show in March of last year.  Cheryl Lynch was a guest.  She was showing her Low-Sew Mosaic Quilts.  I loved seeing them. I considered purchasing the kit and the ruler.  I have no idea why this idea resurfaced over a year later, but it did.   I saw the kits for sale and I had a coupon and a few dollars to spend on something fun.  I ordered the kit and the ruler.

You know that of course I chose the flamingo kit.  It arrived and I let it sit for a day.  Then I just had to play. I cut up some 3/8th inch squares using the ruler/cutting tool.   Then I started building the flamingo.  I just had to share this with you.  I am loving it.  One of my favorite things is that it is all done with batiks. 

This is going to a a fun little quilt to remind me of that trip. I hope to go see the flamingoes again one day.  I do love going to Mexico.
Here is a photo from that trip in 2010. 

Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

8 comments:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Oooh - that is really pretty!! I've seen some of those kits - but I don't remember seeing the Flamingo - I'll definitely have to look again - ;))

Kathleen said...

Wow, that is gorgeous. That must be so much fun to play with and to remind you of Mexico. I want to go one day, too!

Frog Quilter said...

I love how the flamingo is growing. The colors just pop.

I like seeing birds to. They are so unique and actually have personality. So fun.

Debbie said...

This is so pretty. Looks good!

Barbara said...

This is looking fabulous, and being all batiks makes it fail proof. You will love it! I recall following along on your trip to Mexico. Hard to believe it was so long ago!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Looks like fun!

Quilting Gail said...

Such tiny tiny pieces!!! But it looks like it is going to be an awesome mini quilt!
Happy Quilting! :-)
quiltinggail@yahoo.ca

Susan said...

Good to know the back story, and see your start. 3/8"! Wow!