Friday, June 28, 2019

A Finish! Mosaic Flamingo

This was a fairly quick project to complete.  And a "shortcut" made it even faster.  The binding I chose to use matches the outer border and is fused into place a la Laura Wasilowski.  Since this is an art piece, it should never be washed. Thus, simple fusing should be adequate.  I love the whimsy of this Flamingo Mosaic art quilt.

Of course I added some Island Batik fabrics into the mosaic tile pieces.  Then I used two Island Batik fabrics for the borders and binding. I am very pleased with the finished piece. This is a technique that I will certainly use again.  I am excited to try creating my own design to work from.  I have such grand ideas.  Stay tuned!


Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

16 comments:

Emily said...

This is so fun! I love the look of mosaic quilts but have never tired one myself. Love it!

Barb said...

You are fast I have to admit that. I it look so wonderful, great job!

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

That is beautiful! Thanks for the link to the "shortcut" - ;))

Quilting Gail said...

Gene,
I love the finished piece!!!
I've never done anything like that before ... perhaps, one day, I'll try.
Did I tell you that I LOVE your flamingo? I do!
Happy Quilting! :-)

Barbara said...

Stunning!
...now go catch up on sleep! 😉

Kathleen said...

Wonderful! It is such a happy quilt and fused binding is just perfect. I am about to launch into a big project with fusing, but I think it will be a bed quilt and it is mosaic like (August IBA project). Can't wait to see your ideas!

Dena@LivingWaterQuilter.com said...

Love it Gene. Mosaics are on my do try list.

Rhonda said...

What a great project. Love the bird. Your fabric choices are always spot on!!!

Vicki W said...

Cool!

Debbie said...

It finished off great.

Vicki in MN said...

I had to check out her video tutorial, it does look like a fun project! Nicely done Gene.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Nice flamingo.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

That looks like a fun quilt to make and quite pretty too!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

It's a great piece. I have a couple of friends that love flamingos. This would make a great gift.
xx, Carol

Susan said...

I love the colors you used together, and the flamingo is very appealing.

For the love of geese said...

Absolutely stunning Gene. Thank you for linking up with Put your foot down.