Monday, June 07, 2021

Six more Finishes

The gallery said that they would be happy to have a few more of my notebooks for the current exhibit. So I sprang into action and managed to get six completed for them. 


Hmmmm there are all six in one photo but perhaps you will want to see them better.  Here are four with the full fronts showing.  You will notice that one of my fusing fun pieces was cut in half and used for the two on the left.. 
The two on the right have some of my woven fabric used as accent panels on the covers. 
Each of those also have hand dyed fabric as a featured component. 

I also sewed out another "Horse of a different color" embroidery to make one as the 
horse notebooks have sold well there.  The three hearts are appliqued onto a hand dyed fabric. 

There is one more "Horse of a different color" embroidery on my worktable for a 
request to "make one for me."  

During this spurt of making, I took four classes in an online music festival. Three of the classes
were on playing the Mountain Dulcimer.  The fourth class was a songwriting class. I have
played around with songwriting for many years. Only one of my songs has ever been performed
in front of an audience.  I am hoping to change that. 


Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

11 comments:

Pamela Arbour said...

O wow, Gene! You have had a busy time and so diverse. Those covers are wonderful and unique. I know they will sell quickly.

kathyinozarks said...

Good morning, I am thinking these will sell out fast as well.
awesome good wishes with song writing-could be some serious monies from that
Happy new week

Barbara said...

The Talents of Gene just go on and on! Have you tried dancing yet? “Gene, Gene the Dancing Machine “! 😄

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Cute covers. I knew you'd need to make more. They are just too cute to pass up. I hope the classes were fun, and that you learned lots.

Linda Swanekamp said...

I guess a deadline got your creative juices going full bore. Like the way you incorporated the weaving in.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

LOVE your notebook covers - they are so unique and made with such care - they should all sell very quickly. Have fun with your songwriting - ;))

Quilting Gail said...

Love your new notebook covers!!! Inspiring!

Vicki W said...

They are so cool! I expect they will all sell.

Jeanna said...

I imagine those lovely notebook covers are going to sell pretty quickly. Gene, a true artist, in so many ways!

Turid said...

Wonderful and cool covers.

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

I like those notebook covers. I'm sure they will sell right away!