Tuesday, June 01, 2021

A May Finish and Some Starts

Life has been busy, so I never had time to take the photo for the finished Cars Quilt.    Today I finally had time and took that photo to share with you.   
Today the sun was really too bright for a good outdoor shot, so I took this in the shade of my carport.  
The main parts of the quilt are simply done in a meander quilting. However, the blue horizontal sashing and cornerstones are each done in a different pattern.  That was just as a way to break it up for me. The red borders are done with organic lines that somewhat mimic the edges of the quilt.  I also used a red binding as it blends perfectly with the front and back.  I forgot to get a pic of the back -oops!  I promise that it looks great.

Meanwhile,  I played with some Mistyfuse backed fabric and did some wild fabric collage.  Here are two pieces of it. 

The one on the left you will see again, although what I did with it may surprise you. 

The gallery has sold several of my notebooks. I was informed that they would like to have some more while the June exhibit is running. So I have been working as fast as I can on getting those made.  I have four "tops" made, as well as some of the other parts pre-assembled.  The batting needs to be cut and all of them will need to be quilted before assembly.  But, my goal is to get four more "tops" made first  so that I can sit and quilt them all.  Then I can do the assembly all at once.   

With any luck, I will sell most of them in the gallery. 


Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

8 comments:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

LOVE your car quilt - and your Misty Fuse pieces are REALLY nice - VERY creative! I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with them. Congratulations on having the Gallery request more notebook covers to sell - their customers must love them - ;))

Pamela Arbour said...

Wow, you have really been busy. I can almost feel the car quilt. It looks so cozy. Your other projects are looking good as well. That is so nice that your notebooks are selling well. I amm not surprised. I love how they turned out.

Barbara said...

Beautiful finished and not-so-finished projects. Your FMQ always astounds me. I’d get dizzy trying that with all its twists and turns. It really is lovely!

kathyinozarks said...

Congrats on your sales-that is exciting

Jeanna said...

The cars quilt is just darling, Gene. Do you have someone to gift it to? I love the colors in your MistyFuse pieces and look forward to seeing what you do with them. I have no doubt your notebook covers will sell.

Vicki W said...

The cars quilt is so cute! The collage looks like it was a lot of fun to play with. You'll make something really cool with those.

Quilting Gail said...

Love your car quilt!!!

Kathleen said...

You have been busy! That's great about the notebooks...but I love your play with the misty fuse pieces...they are fun and whimsical!