Friday, May 28, 2021

Quilting and Weaving

I have finished the quilting on the Cars quilt.
Here are a couple of pictures. 

As you may have noticed in the blue sashing areas,  the quilting is different.
Each of those has a different design - just for fun. 
The rest of the body of the quilt is done in a meandering pattern. 


I can not remember if I mentioned that I dyed another warp for my loom. 
That was a few weeks ago.  At this point it is on the loom and the weaving has begun.

Above and below are photos from the back of the loom where
you can see the warp as it comes up the back of the loom.


Next up is a photo of a small sample of the fabric that has been woven. 
This is woven with black thread as it causes the colors to pop.


The Cars quilt is finished and has been washed.  I hope to get glamor shots of it in the next couple of days.  I am very happy with it. 



Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

6 comments:

Pamela Arbour said...

You did a lot of quilting on that cars quilt. It is going to be really loved I am sure.

I have never done weaving like that. I am sure that it is way beyond my abilities! LOL Great work.

Barbara said...

Wow, the last photo almost stands on its own. Beautiful FMQ as always!

kathyinozarks said...

Good morning, loving how you quilted the car quilt-the person getting the quilt will love it.
Your weaving will be beautiful-what will you make with it?
Happy Friday

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Lots of wonderful quilting on your Cars quilt - it looks soft and comfy - and is sure to be loved. Your weaving is beautiful - it's amazing how black makes the colors pop - ;))

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

What a great quilt. Someone is going to be very happy! Love that weaving, too. So pretty.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Tye Dye! That will be a great piece of fabric (I love tye dye). The Cars quilt is cute.