Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Photos from The Exhibit

My photographer friend finally made it to the gallery to get some photos for me.  When he arrived,  what should greet him in the front windows?  Yes, in each front window is a quilt made by me.  

First up is Cabin in the Stars.  It is made entirely of Island Batik fabrics and I love the strong graphic appeal of this small quilt. 


Next up is Stepping Up.  This one is also made exclusively of Island Batik fabrics. The steps are  a variation on the classic Baby Blocks quilt pattern. 


What started as fourteen of my quilted notebooks/journals is now down to eight as seen in the next two photos. 
Wow,  did they put me on a pedestal?  Ha ha. 


I am sure that this display looked better with the other six notebooks to fill the space. 
Two of those featured an embroidered horse on the front.  This area has many people who love horses. 

Two of my mounted art quilts are also on view and for sale. 
These are each mounted on an artist canvas to allow them to hang on the wall easily
Ritmo de la Noche 
(Rhythm of the Night) 


Sunset Melody 
However in the gallery it is titled "Joyous Rhythms
That keeps a theme with the one above it.


The Absurd Bird is hanging on a freestanding quilt rack.


Colorful Memories  is hanging on a wall above a display of smaller art pieces. 





Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

13 comments:

Cherie in St Louis said...

Beautiful…..I especially like Rhythm of the Night. Exciting to have six journals sold!

Barbara said...

I’m with Cherie, I love that one. Lovely displays all around!

kathyinozarks said...

Wow they did a wonderful job of displaying your works, the stair steps is really cool, and congrats on the sales already

Frog Quilter said...

Wow congratulations Gene. Everything looks beautiful.

Connie Turner said...

The abstract wall quilts are wonderful and I think mounting them on canvas makes them look more like an art piece.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Thanks for the show/gallery tour. Lots of colorful artwork for sure.

Sandra Walker said...

What an absolute THRILL for you! I recognized the hand dyed fabrics quilt right away in the previous post. And quite the thrill to have sold nearly half of your notebooks. :-) We make art for ourselves, but when others appreciate it enough to buy it from us, it is a tremendous boost.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

How wonderful that they displayed your beautiful pieces so nicely - and that you sold so many notebook covers! Thank your photographer friend for us for taking such good photos and giving us a tour of the gallery - ;))

Quilting Gail said...

How fun to see pictures of your work! Congratulations!

Sarah Terry said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sarah Terry said...

What a fabulous show! I especially love the mounted art quilts with the stitching.
What are you charging for the quilted notebooks?

Sarah Terry said...

What a fabulous show! I especially love the mounted art quilts with the stitching.
What are you charging for the quilted notebooks?

Gene Black said...

Sarah Terry - I don't have a way to contact you. Please email me geneblack -at- gmail - dot -- com