Saturday, May 22, 2021

Piecing a Backing

The top for Cars in Squares is finished.  I added a red border around it, but I didn't take a picture.  Then I decided to use up the rest of the Cars fabric in a pieced backing.  There were some strips of the other fabrics left also.  So I started playing with them.  After some sewing I had a plan.  Here is where the plan has taken me. 

It is straighter than it looks, but even if it is wonky that will be fine with me. The quilt will be two sided, which I think is a lot of fun.  I love a pieced backing.  It is a great way to use up the "leftovers" on a project.    This will have some red pieces added to the top and bottom to make it big enough to be the backing.  

Meanwhile, I am getting ready to celebrate my Mother's 80-something birthday. I won't tell her age, but it is "more than 80, less than 90" and that is close enough.   For the big day, it will be just the two of us as my brother has to work.  But I do plan to have a surprise from some of her grands and great-grands in a virtual meeting.  I thought it would be fun if they sing Happy Birthday to her. 

Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

5 comments:

kathyinozarks said...

Good morning, I like pieced backings too-more interesting. sounds like a special day for your Mom-Happy weekend Kathy

Barbara said...

I also like your backing a lot! I see cars through a window there. It’s a really fun quilt! Being serenaded with Happy Birthday on the computer is really a kick. My husband was in Mongolia on my birthday at one time and gathered the locals to do that for me. It is a memory!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I love two sided quilts. Eat some birthday cake for me (since I can't because of my diet). Happy Birthday Mom!

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

LOVE the backing! I like pieced backings, too - they are MUCH more fun than a plain one. Wish your Mom a HAPPY BIRTHDAY for me - I hope she has a GREAT day - ;))

Rhonda said...

Happy Happy Birthday to your mom!