Monday, May 24, 2021

In the Gallery

Almost two weeks ago I mentioned having some items in a gallery in Guntersville, Alabama. I have exhibited at the Mountain Valley Arts Gallery in the past - I think it was 2017.  This time they are having a quilt exhibit.  So I took several items to show.  On the poster that is on the website and is being used on social media,  three of the photos used are my work. See if you can find them. 
 


One of them will be obvious when you see the next picture. 

Here are my notebooks displayed on a table. 

There are a couple of my quilts on the table behind them. 
That may give a clue to one of the others on the poster. 
As some of the items I took will carry over to the June exhibit in the gallery of 
Art by Men I was in touch with the gallery earlier.
 I found out that several of the notebooks have sold.
*Happy dance* 

Meanwhile,  I have started quilting the Cars baby quilt. I have one row and two of the 
across sashings quilted as well as the outside border.  Since I had ditch quilted the border, 
after basting it well, this will not be a problem. 
Hopefully,  I will have pictures of that quilting for you soon.


Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

8 comments:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

OK - I found two of the three - the top left photo of your awesome quilt and the notebook covers - ;))

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

You may have to make more of those notebooks. I found all three things.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Congratulations! It sounds and looks like a great show.

kathyinozarks said...

Congratulations Gene-so rewarding and exciting for you

Pamela Arbour said...

I think the first two are yours and of course, the notebooks. I really love them.That is a real honor to have them featured on the poster and advertisements.

Barbara said...

Same here, two of the three including top left. I thought the third would be easy, and I was looking for expert FMQ but the photo would not enlarge clearly enough. So perhaps it’s the dyed piece. You are an expert at that too!

Jeanna said...

How fun! Congratulations on the sale of your notebooks.

Quilting Gail said...

Congratulations!!! And how neat that some of your notebooks have sold!