Thursday, May 06, 2021

Another Project

Once I had developed a plan for the notebook commission,  I got started.  The very first part you don't get to see.  Why you ask?  You see, the request was for initials on the front.  I opted to do a nice embroidery of the initials with a swirly embroidery underneath it.  As the colors requested were "red, white, and blue" added to the fact that she also loved the hand dyed fabric in the notebook that she saw, I did the embroidery in blue and white on a red background.   Then, I started piecing some of the "quilt top" for the notebook cover. 

Photos were sent for fabric approval, and I was ready to roll.  Once I started, I could not stop until I was finished.  I think she will LOVE this. 

For the sake of privacy,  I have covered the initials with a pad of sticky notes.  But you can see some of the white swirly design peeking out from the bottom of it.  The hand dyed fabrics look more blue than they are in the photo although the other blue and red are very accurate. 

This gets trimmed down a little after it is quilted so I will try to do another photo when it is finished. 

The question now is: What color will I quilt it with? Blue? Red? White?  I am sure I will quilt the part around the initials with red.  But as for the rest,  I am undecided.  White seems like the simplest choice.  I could switch colors a few times ---but--- the piano key bit would make me crazy switching that much. We will just have to wait and see what happens.  


Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

3 comments:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

A commissioned notebook cover - how cool! You may have started a new business for yourself - ;))

Jeanna said...

Those fabrics look great together. Adding the initials is also a ver special touch.

Quilting Gail said...

Looks like it will be a lovely cover! And How clever of you to cover up the initials! brilliant!