Thursday, May 20, 2021

Cars in Squares

Since there is a new baby in my sphere, I decided he needs a quilt from me.  I found some "Cars" fabric in my stash and thought it would be fun to fussy cut some of the cars and use them in blocks.  So I made some square in a square blocks and some framed blocks.  After making a few, I decided it would be a good idea to have an actual plan.  
Going to EQ on my computer,  I drafted an idea. I simply used fabrics that I have in the program to get the idea in place. 
This is the basic idea and layout that I wanted to follow. For baby quilts I love using primary colors. But I needed green to add with the red, yellow and blue - why?  One of the cars in the fabric is green. 

Here is my quilt top, before the red borders are added.   I haven't gotten that far yet.  I decided to show you good people first. 

The quilt is reasonably square but the photo is quite skewed. There is too much wind today for me to take it outside for a photo.  So I put it on my bed and made a "bad indoor photo" to show you. 

I hope the parents do not read my blog. I want this to be a surprise.  But if you two are reading this - then Surprise!  

Hopefully I will get the borders on soon and can start quilting this quilt.  I will likely use a cream colored thread to quilt it. That is a simple choice and I have lots of cream thread. (grin)

I haven't decided on a binding...but there is time for that later.   

Sending you warm wishes for a great time with your own creativity.  


Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

8 comments:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

LOVE it! Surprise! - ;))

Pamela Arbour said...

It looks remarkedly like your EQ version. They don't always come out that close. You did a good job on that. I'll bet it was fun to do as well. He is going to love that quilt forever. You chose a good fabric.

kathyinozarks said...

loving it

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

That's cute! I know the parents will love it (and the baby, too).

Barbara said...

Movement!!

Quilting Gail said...

Very cute! I love how the squares are different - some on point, some not ... Looks like a fantastic quilt!

Vicki W said...

Oh, that's so cute! They will love it!

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

Great job! Primary colors are so fun a baby, supposed to stimulate their little brains, too!