Friday, November 04, 2022

Friday Face Off 11/4/2022


Today for the Face Off, I am sharing a painting done in watercolor.  


A number of years ago, I took a class with artist Janet Rogers.  This was a watercolor class on flowers and portraits.  Janet had a couple of paintings where she only painted a partial face. I was totally intrigued by them.  So I did a few of them.  This painting "That Look" was painted from a picture I took of a co-worker.  I also did a full portrait of her, but I can't find a picture of it.   I do love the way I was able to preserve the white areas in this. 


I am linking up with  DVArtist for the Friday FaceOff.
  Clicking the link will take you to her blog.  It is great fun
 to see how various people interpret the challenge.

Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

12 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

I love your part face. i nearly always paint part faces, too. Have a great weekend, Valerie

sirkkis said...

Hi Gene,
your watercolor face is really good! You have captured the skin color and face shapes very well. It's shame you don't find the whole face, I'd like to see it.
Happy weekend xx

Iris Flavia said...

This is wonderful!!
I still do not really dare to turn to watercolors...

Christine said...

Lovely!

DVArtist said...

OK... is there anything you can't do? This is fabulous. I love partial faces and this one done in watercolor is... well like I said fabulous. Thank you, Gene, for being a part of FFO.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

LOVE it!! A partial face looks difficult to do - and in watercolors, too! WOW - that's impressive! - ;))

roentare said...

The face looks innocent with a sense of hope

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

How unique. I LOVE your use of white space and how you used the watercolors to your advantage. This is awesomely awesome!

Carolyn said...

Wow, that’s really good!

My name is Erika. said...

This is fabulous Gene! Happy weekend.

NatureFootstep said...

wow, this is one I really like. What a great idea and beautiful execution.

Rhonda said...

You are so talented!!!