Monday, November 21, 2022

Playing with Scraps - Time for Fun

When I pull out the barely useable scraps for play time, it is always fun.   On Sunday I pulled out this pile of scraps and a 12x12 inch piece of Steam-a-Seam 2 for play time. 
The first thing I do is stick one side of the fusible to a square of batting that is the same size.  So you know,  this is a sticky fusible that you can temporarily stick fabric to.  Then when you press it with steam it sticks more permanently.   Then, I peel off the other piece of release paper and it is play time. 
Fabric pieces are adhered in a semi-random manner until all of the surface is covered.  There are some edges that overlap other pieces -those edges are loose and not "stuck" in place. 

Then when I am happy with the coverage, and think it looks okay,  it is time to press it with steam. 
After steaming and then dry pressing it,  to the sewing machine we go!  I do some free motion sewing to secure all of the edges. 
Take 1

And then I have to turn it all directions and see what I like best. 

Take 2

Take 3

Now the big question is this:  Do I use one of these as a finished piece?  OR Do I use it as a background for one of my faces?????
Yes folks, the struggle is real.  I always have a hard time with decisions.  I like all three of these (the 4th orientation was a quick "no" from me.  Honestly, I look at Take 1 AND Take 2 and see that I could do a few things and make this into two faces in profile.   Take 3 says "abstract landscape" to me. 
What do y'all think? Help a guy with this. (((grin)))


Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

6 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Fabulous fabric collage. Love it as it is! Valerie

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Take one looks like a muscular man, head at the top, shoulders and a torso. The left side of take two looks like a rhino to me. Take three is a wonderful landscape.

DVArtist said...

I really love how you put this together. What I see is different that Shasta. That's what makes art so wonderful. People see different things. You know my answer. create a fabulous face. Have a great day today.

Jeanna said...

This level of creativity is beyond my imagination but I'm sure whatever you do, it will be fantastic.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

"Two faces in profile" sounds good to me - ;))

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

I love it every way your turned it. Can't wait to see what you create!