Friday, May 26, 2023

Quick Check-in and Face

This week I went to a will clinic held by the State Bar association at my public library.  I now have a will and a living will.  I am glad to have those in place.  It was an interesting couple of hours sitting in the room with all of my quilt display.  Plus, one of the attorneys bought a small piece for her mother-in-law. 

While I was there, the head librarian asked me  if I could possibly leave the display up through June as the planned artist had backed out.  Of course I said yes. 

One of the things I have done recently was to take an online class about creating face shapes with ink and then adding the features with pen.  I didn't use the ink suggested, but I did use my Inktense blocks and a paintbrush.  It worked well, I think. 
I liked the outcome.  I think that I will play with this method more.  

If you would like to take the same "class" it is on CreativeBug and with this link you should get a free month.   The class I watched is  Inky Faces with Lisa Congdon: 8/14/18  There is a date with the title because the class was recorded live.

I am linking up  to the Friday Face Off (hosted by DVArtist.)

Have a great day!
Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

11 comments:

Tom said...

...ah, to be a featured artist. Congrates.

sirkkis said...

Yes, Gene, he looks wonderful. You got an interesting expression for him.
I wish your weekend is joyful and eelaxing xx

Valerie-Jael said...

How nice that your show stays up for longer! Loe your dawing, you are good at expressions! Hugs, Valerie

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

I like your "Inky" face - he looks like a friendly guy. And Congratulations - how wonderful to have your exhibit up for another month! - ;))

Christine said...

Nice work. That will clinic is a great idea

Cloudia said...

Thank You Gene

My name is Erika. said...

That's a great face Gene. And congrats on selling another small quilt piece and leaving up your display another month. That clinic was also a great idea. It's not fun to think about, but better to be prepared, right? Happy long weekend to you.

DVArtist said...

I am thrilled your art will be on display until June. Before covid I was on the art committee with our library. The rule there is no art can be sold. I'm happy to know you can sell your art and you have been doing very well with it too. Yes, even young folks should have a will in place. As for your face. I LOVE HIM!!!!! He is like part creature. Brilliant my friend. Thank you for sharing with FFO and have a great weekend.

Kathleen said...

Wonderful that your art gets to stay up a bit longer and you took care of your wills. That's a great face you made there.

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

I like your face too and I think you should do more with this method. I look forward to seeing where you take it :) I am interested in the class, but I just came in from working in the flower garden for hours in the hot sun and I am too exhausted to think about doing another thing ... so I will come back to this post when I am feeling rested and look into the class. Thank you for the link ...

Andrea @ From The Sol

NatureFootstep said...

interesting way to create a face :)