Monday, May 29, 2023

Eastern Phoebe Babies

A pair of Eastern Phoebes has built a nest on top of one of my outdoor lights.  I was hoping they were gone as I see the parents less these days.  So I took a small ladder out and climbed far enough to take a photo.  The babies are in the nest, so I will wait a while longer for them to fledge and move on. 
At this stage they are rather ugly creatures. 
They will grow up just a bit to be a prettier little songbird
Plus they are insect eating birds. 





Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

3 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

How lovely to see them all in their nest! Hugs, Valerie

Vicki W said...

We love the Phoebes but every time they post around our house the black snakes seem to find them. We had to start dissuading them from nesting near the house.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Awwwww - ;))