Friday, June 02, 2023

Face off - Inky Faces

This is just a quick post.  This week has been quite busy due to a couple of family issues.  All is well, I think.

So, previously I posted an "Inky Face" that I did in an online class.  I have two more of those little faces to share with you today. 

When making this lady, I was adding more color and added a shadow/halo on her profile.
With ink, it is not possible to correct that.  So there she is, errors and all.

Perhaps this fellow is the "Jolly Giant" - he isn't exactly green. Ha ha. 
The pigment in this granulated slightly, but I like the depth it adds to the face.

If you would like to take the same "class" it is on CreativeBug and with this link you should get a free month.   The class I watched is  Inky Faces with Lisa Congdon: 8/14/18  There is a date with the title because the class was recorded live.

I am linking up  to the Friday Face Off (hosted by DVArtist.)




Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

8 comments:

Tom said...

...the "Jolly Giant" looks a bit Harland Sanders. I saw him in the '60s at the University of Georgia when I was in the agriculture school.

Iris Flavia said...

Cool idea and they look cool, especially the man.
I do the same with my journal, I use a pen. What went wrong went wrong.

Christine said...

Nice faces.

Valerie-Jael said...

Love those faces, especially the green giant! Have a good weekend. Hugs, Valerie

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Your "Inky Faces" are interesting - I like them both - ;))

roentare said...

The ink paintings are very cute

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

So do you know what face you are going to put on your blob of paint before you blob the paint, or does it come to you as you proceed? However you do it (and I do believe I will try out the class you gave us a link too ... only a fool would pass up a free art class), it turned out well in both cases. I wonder how intuitive you have to be to accomplish this ... hmmmm :) Love these, Gene ...

Andrea @ From the Sol

NatureFootstep said...

giggling. Love the bearded one! Made me smile!