Friday, June 30, 2023

The Face of Quilting

That title could be used so many ways, I realized after I typed it.  But I hate coming up with titles so I said "Hey, it works." 

I am quilting on my Wild and Colorful quilt, section one.  There are three sections to be quilted, so I am sure it will take me a while. However, it is as hot as a hapless missionary in a cannibal's stewpot here in Alabama. So I am in no rush to complete this quilt.  I am doing my usual "quilt one pattern for a bit and then change at will" way of quilting. 
Here are a couple of pictures of some of the quilting. 
This flower didn't work out just as planned, so I improvised and added some echos and sort of feathered around it.  I think it is fun and it certainly serves the purpose of getting it quilted. 

This paisley is one of my go-to designs because it is easy (for me) and usually looks good. 
Yeah, I put those mistakes in there so you wouldn't feel bad about *your* quilting skills. (wink)

And with this post going up on Friday morning, I needed a face. So here is a crazy free-motion quilted face that I just added in for fun.  I hope it made you laugh. I love to add in silly little motifs when I am quilting. Then someone looking at the quilt can find them and get a laugh. 

I am linking up with DVArtist/Nicole for the Friday Face Off



Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

15 comments:

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

Gene, it is a good thing, in my humble opinion, to have as much fun as you can and stay out of trouble! Laughter really is the best medicine a lot of the time.
You do a really good job of quilting and the little surprises just make it better!

roentare said...

The quilts are so well made and crafted.

Tom said...

...your face is an example of, less is more!

Christine said...

Creative quilt face!

Iris Flavia said...

I absolutely love your quilting and especially the silly thing you to be found!!
So sad quilts are uncommon here!
Also... I have no talent. I do have a beginner´s sewing machine, but, oh, boy, it is difficult!
Do you sell your quilts?

Jeanna said...

Fun quilting and the face is the perfect addition. And we should all thank you for making the occasional mistake just so we are reminded that you ARE human after all.

Valerie-Jael said...

Fabulous quilt, love your creativity, and the face is GREAT! Hugs, valerie

J C said...

First visit. I will definitely return. I scrolled a bit. I absolutely adore your quilts. At first I thought...ho hum...more "by the book" quilt sewing but then I looked and whamo! You dont just quilt. Your quilts are art. Free spirit art! From your soul. LOVE these!

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

FUN quilt and FUN face! - I like your "quilt one pattern for a bit and then change at will" - it makes your quilts interesting and "one of a kind" - ;))

My name is Erika. said...

Do you have a quilting c Gene? I love the pattern you chose to quilt in. This is going to be a super quilt one your 3 sections get the actual quilting done. Happy holiday weekend to you. hugs-Erika

DVArtist said...

Gene you are just amazing. I love the freedom of your art. Thank you for joinig FFO and have a wonderful weekend.

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

Mistakes? What mistakes? :) I don't quilt so my skills are not at risk and for sure yours are not at risk. I love what you do and part of that is enjoying the fun you have doing it. Makes me smile ... thank you for that :) Stay cool, Gene ... I know much of the South is suffering from record breaking heat.

Andrea @ From the S ol

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I always LOVE seeing your quilts you create, Gene, and I also appreciate how you are always one of the first to leave me a comment on FFO each week. And for that I apologize I was too sick last wee to leave a comment. What I thought was a brief bout with food poisoning turned out to be much more serious.

I love the flowery feathery design you created. But what had me laughing was the adorable face you created in thread for FFO. It is adorable and I LOVE how quirky it turned out.

Vicki W said...

Your quilting is so nice!

NatureFootstep said...

lol, love the smyiley face at the end. I am imoressed with how soft and nice the curves are. I would never manage to do that when sewing.